Thursday, June 3, 2010

(Just Past) Mid-Week Musings

During holiday weeks, our yard waste and garbage services run a day late. If they can do it, I can do it. Thus the Thursday holiday week edition of Mid-Week Musings.

-- Since this blog is ostensibly about our lives without cable, I will start there as usual. Problem is, there's nothing to talk about -- aside from having a minus $1.80 cable bill this month, we don't even think about it.  Well, except for one thing...the NHL on Versus.  So, last night the Danimal and I watched the 2nd & 3rd periods of the Blackhawks-Flyers game at local bar The Brooksider, had some nachos (me!!!) and salad (Dan) and some Boulevard Pale Ale (both).  Having the excuse to do that is probably worth canceling cable alone.

-- For Memorial Day weekend Amber and I went to visit her family in Lebanon, IL.  We took some senior pictures for Amber's cousin Tori, which turned out very well. (Results coming soon on Amber's blog.)  And we had a 60th wedding anniversary/reunion party on Sunday for Amber's grandparents.  Holy crap 60 years is a long time.  I am stealing the picture below from Amber's 365 day blog, which shows the legacy of Mollie and Hoover (pictured middle - and probably the only two people one might guess could have been married 60 years)...quite impressive.  The place was like a day-care center...and, while I was holding baby niece Mikayla, one of Amber's relatives walked by and said, "That's a good look for you."  Gotta love the subtle pressure.


-- I've noticed that I use a lot of contractions when writing blog posts.  I don't use contractions in any other form of writing.  Nothing to add here, just sayin'.

-- Tuesday night Amber and I met up with two of my friends from high school in Alaska, Amy and Cindy, along with Cindy's husband Joel, their new baby Roman, and the Danimal.  Amy lives in D.C. and is in town for a conference on international education -- she friended me on Facebook last week and noticed I lived in Kansas City, where she happened to be coming for a week.  Random.  And Cindy lives in nearby Lawrence and just had her baby a couple days prior.  I hadn't seen Amy in 14 years and Cindy in probably 10-11 years, but we had a blast.  Below is another picture I've stolen from Amber's blog.  And if you're thinking, "that looks like the same shirt Mike was wearing on Sunday to the reunion shindig," well, that's because it is the same shirt.  Don't judge me, we did laundry on Monday.


 -- Finally, I am very happy to get the Sam Correa seal of approval on my pullup tower.  So far it has been up to the task.  Dan and I have been going at the P90X for almost two weeks now, and the hardest thing we have to do is definitely....Yoga.  WTF.  'Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment