Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mid-Week Musings

Another Wednesday, another gimmick post.

>> We got our Time Warner bill for June. It was for negative $1.80. Much less than expected, clearly, and $139.83 less than last month. I highly doubt that TWC will be crediting me money every month, but I won't complain about this month.

>> So we have been over two weeks without cable and I can say I don't miss it a bit. Turns out this is quite easy with all of the available substitutes.

>> My brother Dan is living with us this summer as he interns at a local golf course. He is a turfgrass management major at Nebraska. To change up our workout routine we are giving P90X a try. To do so we are building a pullup tower for the basement. It is going to be a beast. Amber will not love it...doesn't quite fit her decorating style. Pictures to come.

>> Working on our wooden pullup monster allows me to get my Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor on a little bit, but I have no real idea what I'm doing or if this will even support our weight. Someone who does know what he is doing is my best friend Vince's brother Sam. I was thinking of Sam today because I am certain he could build something Amber would be proud to have in our basement instead of something she can't wait to use for our own backyard Burning Man. In any event, Sam is an amazingly talented woodworker and runs a one-man shop in Tucson. If you are in the market for some fine furniture, or know someone who is, or just want to be impressed, check out Sam's website (www.correawoodworks.com) and blog (correawoodworks.wordpress.com), which he updates regularly. And Sam and I share the same birthday, so that probably means something or other.

And here's a picture of Dan and Sam from Vince and Kara's wedding:






- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment